As another birthday passes me by, I decided I wanted to take some time to myself to reflect on what I have learnt this year.
This year has been one of the most exciting, yet daunting years of my life.
I have learnt so much, not only about myself, but about the world as a hole.
And as I have just had my 25th birthday I wanted to share with you the 25 things I have learnt in the past 25 years.
- You are enough, learn to love yourself first.
- Don’t take life too seriously.
- Take a leap out of your comfort zone.
- Don’t waste your time on others, who would never give you the same love in return.
- Everything happens for a reason – hurdles are there to jump over.
- Money and materialistic possessions will not bring you happiness.
- Quality over quantity.
- You do not need to be in a relationship to be happy.
- Small acts of kindness go such a long way.
- Life is too short, so stop waiting for tomorrow.
- You’ll never be unhappy if you’re covered in glitter.
- Spend more time with the people you love, rather than wasting time on those who are just using you.
- You will learn to make your own family.
- Treat your body with love and respect.
- The only person you should compete with is yourself.
- Mindfulness is the best thing that has happened to you.
- It’s ok to not know where home is, the truth is you may never know.
- Hangovers get worse the older you get.
- It’s ok to not have your shit together, you probably never will.
- It is now you will start to make your forever friends.
- Forgive and forget. Not for their sake but for your own peace of mind.
- Your hard work and persistence will pay off.
- You’re not going to get on with everyone, and that’s ok.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- Just be you!