Summer of 2019 was one of the best summers of my life – Strong statement I agree, but it is absolutely true. I moved to one of the most liveable cities in the world, and attended my first bush doof or transformational festival.
What is a bush doof/ Transformational festival?
A bush doof is a type of outdoor dance party generally held in a remote country area, or outside a large city in surrounding bush or rainforest. A transformational festival means that they offer so much more than just a lineup of music. You can enjoy yoga, art, comedy, plays etc. Most of these festivals have a leave no trace rule; so you must leave with everything you brought with you. Rubbish and tents included!
The word transformation means that you must go with an open mind and happy to learn about sustainability, healthy living and personal growth. Making you leave a more enlightened and open minded human.
I have always loved music festivals, whether they be just a day event or a full on weekend, full of great music, good vibes, amazing costumes and happy people! As the summer is approaching I want to share with you the top Aussie bush doofs to not miss this summer! You may not be able to afford to party at all of them, but try and do at least one!
1. Mushroom Valley Festival – 4th – 6th October 2020
2. Strawberry Fields – 29th November – 1st December 2019
3. Subsonic – 6th December – 8th December
4. Meredith Festival – 13th December – 15th December 2019
5. Lost Paradise – 29th December – 1st January 2020
6. Rainbow Serpent – 24th – 27th January 2020
7. Earth Frequency 14th – 17th February 2020
8. Babylon Festival – 20th – 23rd February 2020
9. Esoteric Festival – 6th – 9th March 2020
10. Pitch Music & Arts Festival
11. Rabbits Eat Lettuce – 18th – 21st April 2020